Well, during the Holiday’s I finally got tired of shuffling around the many, many spice containers I have for cooking. I have looked at tons of them and another hundred designs for them. From magnets to shelves to taking up limited cabinet space. None of the pleased me.
The coolest I thought were under the cabinet magnetic ones. But I didn’t like the fact I would not be able to easily see what I needed to see when I wanted a spice. I messed with ideas form swinging them out, making the doors magnetic. Which would have been pretty cool looking actually. Didn’t think I had the tools for it, so that got laid aside to. Finally I had a minor breakthrough.
I like to cook as much as I like to Recreate. So my spices need to be easy to reach, flexibly organized, not requiring every one f them to be in the same kind of container and fun. I have actually kept most of them sitting out on a rather large serving try for a very long time now. And some n the cabinets of course, still in the bags I got from Herbs and Spice down at Findlay Market(of course!). So I wanted to do something that would work like that.
hmmm?? A cookie sheet under the counter would be perfect! Plus it would be magnetic for adding even more items underneath if wanted. Cookie sheets are cheap and sturdy. Plus I get an extra cookie sheet when I need it.
So the only thing I needed to do after that was think of a way to make the slide. Buying them was possible, but no hardware store had anything that would work and look good. So off to Recreated Studio to find supplies I went. Wood is good, so I found some scraps thinking about a rough design.
So then it was time to do some actual work. Thinking is cool, creating is better. Cutting sanding and drilling followed. And then a trip to the spice store for some containers. Thank you very much Colonel De at Findaly Market!
Now its done and sweet it is. Have a look.